Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Goodman Draft Inducer Motor Install



Hello,
I have a Goodman furnace and it needs a new Inducer motor. The old one was whining and stuck and the furnace shut down. I spun the rotor by hand and it is working now. I also oiled it and it is working until I can get a new motor.
Goodman 223075-01
Amana Jakel 119384-00sp
Is this motor something I can replace myself? It looks like 4 hex screws, wires, and a hose clamp.
I do not know how the inside of the motor fits into the furnace since I cannot see it without taking the old out. Any tricks to this?
Any feedback, information, tips is greatly appreciated. Also trusted on-line supply sites would be welcome.
Thanks
Tripper

Easy to replace. Can be obtained thru Amazon for about 90.00

Thanks for the reply PJ. Are you speaking from experience?
Tripper

Have I changed them .... yes
Have I bought them from Amazon .... no

Thanks PJ,
Didn't mean to question and surely didn't want to offend someone who takes the time to respond, but I had to ask the question.
I live in a pretty cold climate and having a furnace out is not what I want.
I saw the prices on-line and I know I'd get rolled up on by the mark-up and labor from a commercial outfit. Just can't afford to take a hit right now, this time of year. I need to make this as painless as possible.
Thanks again for replying.
Trip

You are proposing to buy the inducer motor kit --- which is good.
That includes the motor, fan and the sheet metal that bolts the assembly on the furnace. That assembly makes it a pretty easy task to install.
By contrast, buying just the motor can be cheaper, but getting the old fan off the shaft ranges from very difficult to impossible.
So you are doing the right things and success ought to be yours, with a minimum of difficulty.






Tags: goodman, inducer, motor, install