Monday, March 10, 2014

Ge Microwave Spacemaker Xl Handle



I have a GE Microwave Spacemaker XL
Model: JVM1331WW002.
The bottom part of the handle broke so I'd like to replace it (just the handle).
After searching I think I found the handle. My question is:
How do I replace it? I can't seem to find the way to replace it. There is one screw at the top of the handle on the inside of the door. Do I need to take the whole door off to replace the handle?
I found this site:http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/...placement.html
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Is there a hole for another screw near the bottom? You probably just have to take the upper screw out to remove the rest of the old handle. Save that screw as you may need to use it to match up another screw for the bottom of the handle. If that other hole is there (it's probably going to be the same distance from the bottom of the door as the upper screw is to the top. If not, look to see if there are any screws in the corners of the door. If so it may just be a matter of taking those out to split the door. From there it should be easy. Getting a replacement screw for the handle shouldn't be hard as there's a good chance that a hardware store will have them.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Snap out the plastic door gasket. Pry gently with a butter knife to pop it loose. Two screws, upper and lower handle. Don't over-tighten - read strip - the new handle and snap the gasket back in place. Easy DIY job.






Tags: microwave, spacemaker, handle, another screw, Microwave Spacemaker, screw handle, upper screw